fredag 11 april 2014

1km

Right now I can run 1km with or without kneesupport. That's the maximum! So as you can imagine I have a very long way to my goal still...

Anyway, first time I ran this 1km it went 8minutes -today it took only 7minutes and 20seconds! I didn't feel like I was running faster or even trying to do it... First time when I went I thought it would take over 10minutes -but I was way faster! So now I'll focus on not running faster or longer, but to run this untill it stops hurting in my legs and chest. Then when 1km feels okay I'll add some length and propably run 2km, or 1,5km.

Just one problem: 3.5 is Väriestejuoksu Vasa, and that is 5km with obstacles..! Oh dear, I don't think I'll get in shape that fast. Well, hopefully someone else can take it slow- or the entusiasm and joy will help me run it way beter! I remember Nice Run 2010 (or 11) when I was supposed to take it slow -and I ended up encouraging my "teammate" to run the whole 5 km with me!! Hopefully something similar will happen this time -and hopefully my knees will be okay the whole way....

About my knees, as I said I ran without my support this time and it went even beter. So at home I discussed with my father that has way more experience with injuries than I and we came to the conclusion; that support I had been using was too tight for my leg and it was too "thick material" so when I bended my knee it hurted! So away with it and I'll try something else instead, maybe some kind of tape that you find on the pharmacy... I'll have to try out what is good for me.
He also said that I should focus on my legmuscles and build them -but after hearing I can do over 100 squats without problem he realized that wasn't the issue either.

Well, this is how I'll try my weekly program will look (but the weekdays/when I do what will change according to when my son is in daycare):
Monday: running 1km and indoor cardio
Tuesday: gym with friend
Wednesday: Running 1km
Thursday: gym with friend
Friday: homegym
Saturday: rest
Sunday: running on sandroad/in forrest

So I will not do cardio and strength the same day, but will focus on both still. Sounds good?

Inga kommentarer: